Today we are featuring a collection of beautiful interiors with the feature color “Greige”, which is a combination of gray and beige to produce a warm hue. It is becoming very trendy, with the color oftentimes referred to as appearing like “yesterday’s oatmeal.” Paint is relatively inexpensive, not to difficult to apply and can have a huge impact on the overall aesthetic of your home. Color selection daunting task, but we have a few tips below to help you with the process.
1. Try using a Color Catcher app that you can load on ITunes. by Benjamin Moore. Or you can go right onto their website and Personal Color Viewer. You can also pick up a fan deck from any color paint company and try to pick out a color similar to an image you like.
2. You can purchase a small paint can, some companies sell inexpensive samples—a try before you buy. You would be surprised how often a color can look good on a paint chip and horrible on your walls. You can either paint samples of squares onto your wall to compare a few colors. Or you can paint onto pieces of white poster board. You can tape these paint chips onto different parts of your room to get an overall idea of what it will look like at different times of the day.
3. The type of bulb you use can also affect color. If you can change out your in ceiling fixtures to “daylight” bulbs, they will help to provide a bright, general lighting. Natural light can also affect the way that light is perceived. So keep this in mind when viewing the images below. What looks good in one space, may not look as good in another.
Have a look below for some fabulous examples of nine varying hues of Benjamin Moore paint that all represent the color “Greige” Be sure to look at the end of this article for the paint chip colors that you can “Pin” and save for future reference! In case you missed it, be sure to check out this other inspiring article we featured on the color gray: 51 Modern and fresh interiors showcasing gray paint.
1. The wall colors in this beautiful contemporary home in Chicago were painted in Benjamin Moore’s Classic Gray 1548. The trim is Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. (via Buckingham Interiors + Design LLC)
2. Featured in a New York home is this stunning entry foyer, both clean and modern. It is softened by a striking crystal chandelier, beige and gray leopard carpet runner and dark hardwood flooring. The paint color on the walls is Benjamin Moore’s Classic Gray 1548. (via Jennifer Pacca Interiors)
3. A chalet in Denver, Colorado features this timeless bathroom with a cast iron double ended clawfoot tub. The wall color is Benjamin Moore’s Classic Gray 1548. (via Chalet Interiors)
4. In an open plan living and dining area in a home in LA, the walls are painted in Benjamin Moore’s Classic Gray 1548. Other highlights includes a Mitchell Gold lounger, custom media storage and custom designed raspberry pink chairs. (via Emily Ruddo Design)
5. This beautiful bedroom refresh features a custom built and upholstered raised platform bed and headboard, black silk drapes and a fresh coat of paint. The hue, Benjamin Moore’s Classic Gray 1548. An FYI on the bed pillows from Robert Allen Design, “Front and back Pillows are all DwellStudio for Robert Allen fabrics! Back pillows are Vintage Blossom/Dove and front pillow is Gate/Charcoal.” (via Jane Lockhart Interior Design)
6. A Minneapolis living room features a striking fireplace as its focal point. The stone surround is a ledgestone tile in a stacked layout, while the hearth is comprised of soapstone hearth. The millwork paint is Benjamin Moore’s Simply White OC-117; while the wall paint is Classic Gray 1548. The painting is by artist Brent Foreman. (via Martha O’Hara Interiors)
7. A dining nook in a home in Vancouver, British Columbia features walls painted in Benjamin Moore’s Pale Oak OC-20. The trim is Cloud White CC40 by Benjamin Moore. (via Enviable Designs Inc.)
8. A Cape Cod style home in Manhattan Beach, California features this lovely bedroom painted in Benjamin Moore’s Pale Oak OC-20. The trim is Benjamin Moore’s swiss coffee. (via Hudson Home)
9. This striped guest bathroom in a home in Philadelphia uses the paint color Gray Owl 2137-60 by Benjamin Moore above the wall tiles. (via Buckminster Green LLC)
10. The walls in this Alexandria, Virginia living room are painted in Benjamin Moore’s Grey Owl 2137-60, while the trim is Benjamin Moore—Snowfall White 2144-70. The overall affect is soft and soothing, while complementary tans and gray-blues subtly ties the living and kitchen areas together.(via Harry Braswell, Inc.)
11. A North Dakota Mudroom was painted in Benjamin Moore’s Gray Owl 2137-60. The door was painted in Benjamin Moore Black 2132-10. Notice the faucet hooks as accents to hang up bags and clothing? (via Martha O’Hara Interiors)
12. An open plan family home in San Francisco was renovated to showcase a bright airy airy living space. The designers selected Benjamin Moore Gray Owl 2137-60 on the cabinets and walls and Whale Gray 2134-40 on the Island. Both colors are in a satin sheen. (via Heydt Designs)
13. This lovely kitchen in Florida features walls painted in Benjamin Moore’s Gray Owl OC-52. The designer states that “Gray Owl WILL freshen and brighten a room as it reflects natural/artificial light back into the space.” (via MJS Custom Home Designs)
14. A beautiful Mill Valley, California estate showcases this elegant, light-filled master bathroom. The wall color is Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray HC-173 in a matte finish. The trim color used was Benjamin Moore Decorator White in a semi gloss finish. (via KCS Estates)
15. A cozy, traditional style family room in San Francisco was painted in Benjamin Moore, Edgecomb Gray HC-173. (via Cardea Building Co.)
16. If you want to decorate your space with a softer color palette, or if your space lacks an abundance of natural light, a light warm gray will do wonders. The color in this Mill Valley guest bedroom injects coziness into the space, painted in Benjamin Moore’s Edgecomb Gray HC-173. (via KCS Estates)
17. A Central Park South apartment features this stylish bedroom with a fantastic color palette. The wall selection is Benjamin Moore’s Edgecomb Gray HC-173. While the ceiling color was painted in Benjamin Moore, White Dove. (via Wettling Architects)
18. The walls of this open plan living/dining/kitchen area were painted in Benjamin Moore’s Balboa Mist 1549. The color has a warm undertone that works well in this space. The ceilings were painted in Benjamin Moore Natura Paint, Decorator’s White. (via Cardea Building Co.)
19. A classy and clean design aesthetic is portrayed in this Vancouver, British Columbia living room. The walls are painted in Benjamin Moore’s Balboa Mist 1549, while the trim is Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17. (via PURE by Ami McKay)
20. A lovely master bedroom suite offers a custom designed fireplace with a flat screen television and a private balcony with sweeping views over a lush landscape. The walls of this New York State bedroom have been painted in Benjamin Moore’s Balboa Mist 1549. The trim is Benjamin Moore Atrium White. (via Clawson Architects)
21. A West Menlo Park shingle style home features bright, open and airy interiors. This kitchen was painted in Benjamin Moore’s Balboa Mist 1549. All of the white paint in the kitchen is White Dove by Benjamin Moore. (via Arch Studio)
22. The paint color used in this Minneapolis living room is Shale 861 by Benjamin Moore. The ceilings in this room were done in Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17 with a flat finish. (via Martha O’Hara Interiors)
23. The color on the walls of this Napa chic-transitional style master bedroom is Benjamin Moore-861 Shale. (via Michelle Wenitsky Interior Design)
24. The paint color walls of this statement staircase is Banjamin Moore’s Shale 861. The trim on the staircase is painted in Benjamin Moore White Dove with an enameled finish. (via Martha O’Hara Interiors)
25. The mud/laundry room in this farmhouse style home in New York was painted in Benjamin Moore Shale 861. (via Crisp Architects)
26. A beautiful farmhouse style home features dining room walls painted in Benjamin Moore Collingwood OC-28 with trim in Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17. (via Sellars Lathrop Architects)
27. We could not get the source of the paint colors for this living, but since it is so eye-catching, we thought we would share it with you anyway. A similar paint color for the walls would be Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist-1549. Loving the chandelier and silver mirror over fireplace. (via Alexander James Interiors)
28. A kitchen in a North Shore family home showcases walls painted in Benjamin Moore Collingwood 859. The designer selected this color since it perfectly matched with the countertops and tile. (via Buckingham Interiors + Design LLC)
29. This elegantly styled living room in a home in San Francisco features walls painted in Benjamin Moore Abalone 2108-60. This hue is found in the collection of Candice Olson’s Designer Picks. (via Cardea Building Co.)
30. This beautiful staircase/hallway area features Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC-172. The color to the left is Abalone 2108-60. The trim is Benjamin Moore’s Decorators’ White – you need to apply 3 coats to get good coverage. (via Cardea Building Co.)
You are reading an article curated by: http://onekindesign.com/
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE