As the most magical season of the year has come upon us, it is time to start decorating your house with boughs and evergreens and the sparkling of lights. Its the season of entertaining, spending time with friends and family and plenty of gift giving. To help get you in the holiday mood, we have put together a collection of traditional rustic-country Christmas decor. Whether you reside in a lovely log cabin in the woods, a mountain retreat or even an urban abode, adding a touch of rusticity into your holiday decor can infuse warmth and relaxation.
The idea is to create an inviting holiday scheme to greet your guests and make them feel right at home. You can easily introduce rustic accents into your home by infusing natural elements throughout. Try adding a hurricane or glass bowl and filling them with Christmas ornaments, pine cones, berries, greenery, mixed nuts and seasonal fruits. Its quite simple to create a rustic-country style Christmas by adding some small woodland creatures into your scheme. These can included feathered birds, deer, moose, hedgehog, owls, squirrels and bears. Sources to find these creatures is at Pier 1, Pottery Barn and Horchow.
Don’t forget to include some glittering icicles, snowflakes, frosted pinecones and string lights intermingled in your decorating scheme. Additional ideas includes woodland and faux fur stockings, throws, twig tree toppers, reindeer and lots of pillows, including some plaid! In keeping with your natural scheme, try adorning your trees with the woodland creatures. Add ornaments that are crafted from natural materials, including sisal, jute, twigs, burlap and wood. Have a look through the collection below for some fantastic inspiration. Enjoy!
Tip: Decorate in classic Christmas style, which means red, green and traditional plaid. Then begin introducing natural materials such as burlap, linens and antlers for your rustic-country style. You can build on this to give a fresh look by adding plush velvets in your pillows and throws. Add some creams and whites or a little metallic and sparkle. Introduce some flea market finds and reclaimed materials to add to the rustic holiday aesthetic.
5. Beyond The Picket Fence – Pallet Barn Door
6. Savvy Southern Style – Large dough bowl filled with a mix of pine cones, berries, antlers and candles.
7. French Country Cottage – A Christmas decorated bedroom.
8. Pinterest – Outdoor Christmas decorated porch.
9. Quarters One – Marquee “JOY” sign decorating a staircase.
10. Finding Home Farms – Chalk Pen Galvanized Buckets.
11. Stone Gable Blog
12. Stone Gable Blog
13. Pottery Barn – Christmas Pillows
18. Ballard Designs
19. Stone Gable Blog
21. Grit Antiques – DIY Christmas Sleigh Rides Sign
22. Refresh Restyle
25. Stone Gable Blog
26. My Home Ideas via Southern Living – Holiday Decorated Doorway
27. Zillow Digs
28. Plough Your Own Furrow – Pots filled with Christmas decor
29. Sassy & Sweet – DIY Candy Cane Ornaments
30. Pinterest – Upcycled pallet Christmas tree front door decoration.
31. Craftaholics Anonymous – Rustic Marquee Christmas Tree
32. Pinterest – DIY Burlap covered candy canes.
33. The Kim Six Fix – Brown and Red Rustic Reindeer Mantel
34. Blooming Homestead – DIY Winter Woodland Sign
35. Ribbons & Glue – Rustic Glam Christmas
36. JST Design – Christmas decorated mantle: barn door accent and fauxidermy deer head, garland, mercury glass LED lights and gold bottle brush trees.
37. Marty’s Musings – DIY rustic wood candle holders paired with greenery and berries.
38. Jennifer Rizzo – A country Christmas lodge-like display with rustic vintage items.
39. A Primitive Place – Country Style Christmas Porch
40. Unskinny Boppy
41. Unskinny Boppy
42. Unskinny Boppy
43. Carla Aston Design – Christmas tree with a beautiful base.
44. Craftaholics Anonymous – Rustic Marquee Christmas Tree
45. Country Style Accents – Christmas Rustic JOY Sign
46. Fynes Designs – Galvanized tub for the base of a country Christmas decorated tree.
47. Pinterest – Make it a family movie night, all decorated for Christmas!
- Note: Looking for more amazing Christmas decorating ideas? Have a look through our Christmas Inspiration category for plenty of ideas!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE